Monday, February 9, 2009

Shopping: Sugar and Spice Cakes
190 Goodwood Rd
Millswood SA

http://www.sugarandspicecakes.com.au/contact.htm



My daughter turned 11 a couple of weeks ago. She is on this hippy chick stage, and when asked what kind of cake she wanted, she said she wanted something colourful with happy faces and peace signs. There was no question that I would get Sugar and Spice to do the cake.



They did such a fantastic job........ as usual! I only gave them that description which my daughter gave me, and this is what they came up with! ($85) They even made a small gluten free cupcake, decorated in the same style for one child that needed a gluten free piece. (no extra charge)


While living in Adelaide, I got them to do a couple of cakes for me, and was never disappointed. Now that we live an hour away, I still use them and will continue to do so. The above cake was for one of my daughter's parties. She wanted a "Cook Island" themed party. It was so much fun and the cake as amazing.


My son's pirate-themed birthday. We added the spiders as he was/is bug obsessed.



My son's Pokemon cake.
The flavour choices for birthday cakes is huge! They include: chocolate mousse , white chocolate mousse, ebony and ivory, hazelnut torte, chocolate truffle cake,strawberry gateaux, carrot and walnut cake, lemon cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake, lemon and poppyseed, mud cakes (various flavours), fudge cakes (various flavours),tira mi su, blackforest,chocolate hedgehog,banana cake and banana caramel pie. YUM!
The staff are very friendly, and the day I picked up the recent cake, there were many people in ordering wedding cakes. Sugar and Spice are an Adelaide institution when it comes to wedding cakes, and the huge display of beautiful and unique cakes in store is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment